Subject: Inquiry Regarding the Application of EU Regulation 651/2014 and Harmonization of Requirements in the Baltic Region
From: "LIAA Invest" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Andris Blumbahs" <[email-masked]>,Eva Kalniņa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 15:07:40 +0300

Dear Colleagues,
I hope this message finds you well.
On behalf of the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia (LIAA), I
would like to inquire about the current practices regarding the financial
evaluation of company groups and partner enterprises in your country,
particularly concerning the application of EU Regulation 651/2014 on the
status of undertakings in difficulty.
We have identified that EU Member States interpret Commission Regulation
(EU) No 651/2014 of 17 June 2014 , which declares certain categories of
aid compatible with the internal market in accordance with Articles 107
and 108 of the Treaty, in different ways. The document relates to Article
18(2) of the EEA Agreement. In particular, we are interested in
understanding how your country applies this regulation when evaluating
large international company groups whose subsidiaries apply for support.
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32014R0651
>
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32014R0651
To ensure a harmonized application of the regulation, we kindly request
clarification on the following:

1.

	What financial information do you require from company groups to
ensure that they are not classified as "undertakings in difficulty"?
2.	Do you assess related companies, such as other companies owned by
the parent company, using the parent company’s consolidated financial
statements, or do you require individual financial reports from each
company within the group?

Additionally, we would appreciate if you could share any relevant
materials or guidelines outlining the evaluation principles used in your
country. Please feel free to send them in your local language if
necessary, as we can arrange for translation.
We look forward to receiving your response and learning more about the
approaches taken by your institutions in this area.

Eva Kalniņa

Projektu attīstības nodaļa

Investīciju projektu departaments

Pērses iela 2, Rīga, LV-1442

Mob. Tālr.: +371 26414932

liaa.gov.lv <http://www.liaa.gov.lv/>

latvia.eu